[Phpmyadmin-devel] Testing and documenting browser support

J.M. . mynetx at users.sf.net
Sat Nov 23 18:28:29 CET 2013

Hello there,

I suggest we maintain a list of browsers that phpMyAdmin gets tested with and for which we are willing to accept and fix interface bugs.
This list should include browser names and their versions. Since we have access to BrowserStack, I suggest we support the latest 3 versions of all major browsers.

At the moment, these are:

- Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11 (sic: IE8 is the latest version that XP users may use)
- Mozilla Firefox 24, 25, 26
- Google Chrome 29, 30, 31
- Opera 12, 15, 18
- Apple Safari 5, 6, 7

Questions:

- Is anyone willing to test the interface in these browsers?
- Where is (are) the best place(s) to document this?
- Which role do Selemium tests and planned mobile support play?

Please share your opinion.

J.M.
phpMyAdmin team member