[Phpmyadmin-devel] Documentation standard for error reporting server

Mohamed Ashraf mohamed.ashraf.213 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 00:08:16 CEST 2013

On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 11:56 PM, Isaac Bennetch <bennetch at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 31, 2013, at 5:09 PM, "J. M." <mynetx at users.sf.net> wrote:
>
> From: mohamed.ashraf.213 at gmail.com
> Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 23:03:50 +0200
> To: phpmyadmin-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: [Phpmyadmin-devel] Documentation standard for error reporting
> server
>
> Is there some documentation standard for the error reporting server or
> should I create one. Also if we are using a template made for php docs,
> special treatment must be given to controller actions since they normally
> do not return anything and have a lot of metadata connected to them through
> the router in the form of the urls that lead to them.
>
> --
> Mohamed Ashraf
>

> I favorite Readthedocs - Can the team member who had set this up,
> elaborate, please?
> - JM
>

> I believe Michal set this up, but he has limited email access this week.
> That's for user documentation; if Mohamed means developer documentation
> that can happen in the wiki in the Devel namespace. That's of course in
> addition to the in-line function block comments. Mohamed, perhaps you can
> elaborate a bit and we can help further — if you need wiki space I
> certainly can assist you in finding the right place to put things.

I am talking about the mandatory doc blocks for created functions in the
phpmyadmin codebase. I am asking if there was something of the sort for the
error reporting server codebase or not. I am talking about developer docs
for someone who needs to fix a bug somewhere and needs to understand what a
function does. I normally rely on other developers reading the code and
understanding it. However that was not the direction you seem to be going
with in the phpmyadmin codebase so I was wondering how will we go along
with the error reporting server codebase.

Mohamed Ashraf