[Phpmyadmin-devel] Icons suggestion for Hide/Unhide tables

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 13:36:29 CEST 2013

On Sep 27, 2013, at 7:31 AM, Dieter Adriaenssens <dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/9/27 Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>:
>> Hi,
>> In 4.1, there is a feature to hide and unhide tables from the navi
>> panel. I already mentionned that I find the black X scary (looks like
>> I'm about to delete the table), even if there is a "hide" hint.
>>
>> How about using this "disconnect" icon to replace the black X, and this
>> "connect" icon for the reverse operation?
>
> Connecting and disconnecting might have a strange conotation as well :
> in practice, the database is not 'disconnected' it is just hidden.
>
> How about an icon with a lit and dark lightbulb? Or with an open and a
> closed eye? I believe these are used in graphical software (like The
> Gimp) to make layers/objects visisble.

Yes, I think a change would be good. I had drafted an eye icon myself some time ago but didn't think the look matched the rest of the icon set and temporarily set my project aside. Perhaps we can approach the icon set designer to see if he would be interested in adding something like the open/closed eye? They eye seems the most logical choice to me.