[Phpmyadmin-devel] Regarding Bug #4356.

Ashutosh Dhundhara ashutoshdhundhara at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 10 11:26:07 CEST 2014

Hello All,
This is regarding bug #4356 https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/bugs/4356

It is true that total row count of a table is shown instead of count of rows returned by "GROUP BY" query. I have created a patch which tells the count of on-screen rows in case of "GROUP BY" queries as shown in the attached image.
But this count is affected by the value of "Number of rows".

For instance as shown in the image, there are 7 rows returned and same is shown in the message above table which is less than "Number of rows = 25" value. But if this number of rows returned exceeds 25, then only 25 will be shown in place of 7. So here I would like to take some other opinions regarding what should be displayed:
Real count of rows returned by the query (without LIMIT clause)
Or
On-screen rows count as shown in image (with LIMIT clause) ?

Regards,
Ashutosh Dhundhara