[Phpmyadmin-devel] URL parameter separator and Jquery - #3733

Hugues Peccatte hugues.peccatte at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 15:59:27 CEST 2014

> Le 2014-04-13 09:30, Hugues Peccatte a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm working on bug ticket http://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/bugs/3733/
> > I already replaced all & in PHP files by the separator defined in
> php.ini.
> > I also replaced a part of & in JS files (almost all). But I still have
> > an issue... with Jquery method $.get...
> >
> > This method have many parameters, and one could be a JSON object of URL
> > parameters.
> > Something like this:
> >     var params = {
> >         aPath: $expandElem.find('span.aPath').text(),
> >         vPath: $expandElem.find('span.vPath').text()
> >     };
> > And this:
> > $.get(url, params, function (data) {
> > });
> >
> > Imagine that you set the arg_separator to "|" in your php.ini, the
>
> But this would not follow the recommendation in
> http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/appendix/notes.html#h-B.2.2
> .

Yes, I agree, but should we so remove the use
of ini_get('arg_separator.input') in PMA_URL_getArgSeparator as there is
W3C recommandations? And so define that & char is mandatory? (It would be
easier and the ticket could be closed, I believe.)

Or should we deal with the fact that we could have & or ";" as a separator?
And so find a way to manage it with Jquery?

Thanks for you answers.

Hugues.