[Phpmyadmin-devel] URL parameter separator and Jquery - #3733

Hugues Peccatte hugues.peccatte at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 14:00:58 CEST 2014

> Le 2014-04-18 05:34, Hugues Peccatte a écrit :
> > <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>>:
> >
> >     Le 2014-04-17 13:43, Hugues Peccatte a écrit :
> >     > 2014-04-17 14:07 GMT+02:00 Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info
> >     <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>
> >     > <mailto:marc at infomarc.info <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>>>:
> >     >
> >     >     Hugues Peccatte a écrit :
> >     >     > 2014-04-17 11:59 GMT+02:00 Hugues Peccatte
> >     >     <hugues.peccatte at gmail.com <mailto:hugues.peccatte at gmail.com>
> >     <mailto:hugues.peccatte at gmail.com <mailto:hugues.peccatte at gmail.com
> >     >     >
> >     >     >> 2014-04-16 22:16 GMT+02:00 Hugues Peccatte
> >     >     <hugues.peccatte at gmail.com <mailto:hugues.peccatte at gmail.com>
> >     <mailto:hugues.peccatte at gmail.com <mailto:hugues.peccatte at gmail.com
> >     >     >>
> >     >     >>  2014-04-14 13:20 GMT+02:00 Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com
> >     <mailto:michal at cihar.com>
> >     >     <mailto:michal at cihar.com <mailto:michal at cihar.com>>>:
> >     >     >>> Hi
> >     >     >>>> Dne Mon, 14 Apr 2014 09:53:52 +0200
> >     >     >>>> Hugues Peccatte <hugues.peccatte at gmail.com
> >     <mailto:hugues.peccatte at gmail.com>
> >     >     <mailto:hugues.peccatte at gmail.com
> >     <mailto:hugues.peccatte at gmail.com>>> napsal(a):
> >     >     >>>>
> >     >     >>>>> I was looking for something more implicit, so we
> >     wouldn't have to
> >     >     >>>> change
> >     >     >>>>> the calls to $.get. But that seems to be difficult, so
> your
> >     >     solution
> >     >     >>>> might
> >     >     >>>>> be the best.
> >     >     >>>> Well we can also override jQuery.get to do what we want
> >     (basically
> >     >     >>>> just wrapper around original code to do compose the URL
> >     >     correctly. That
> >     >     >>>> might be cleaner approach.
> >     >     >>>>
> >     >     >>> Thanks for this very interesting feedback !
> >     >     >>> I found this :
> >     >     >>>
> >     >

> http://www.bennadel.com/blog/1624-ask-ben-overriding-core-jquery-methods.htm
> >     >     >>>
> >     >     >>> I'll try to override the $.get method by this way.
> >     >     >>>
> >     >     >> It's done… I overwrote $.get… But there is many Jquery
> methods
> >     >     which use
> >     >     >> the "&" as an URL parameter separator… I would have love
> that
> >     >     they have a
> >     >     >> $.getArgSeparator, like pMA, so we could overwrite this
> method
> >     >     only! :)
> >     >     >> We can overwrite all methods which use "&". But when we'll
> want
> >     >     to change
> [...]

Yes, I still have issues with "&" which is used to concat the URL GET
parameters.
The "&" is used in 4 Jquery methods. All methods could be overwriten… But
what about changing Jquery version ?
We'll have to update the code. That's not infeasable, but we have to think
remember it. And also to check the other methods of Jquery, to check than
another one is not using "&".

Hugues.