[Phpmyadmin-devel] Refactoring: designer/schema - Plugin like architecture

Madhura Jayaratne madhura.cj at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 07:46:43 CEST 2014

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 11:59 PM, Bimal Yashodha <kb.yashodha at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As I'm doing my final task, which is to remove code duplications and
> OOping the code, I came across with a possible idea to re-factor schema
> exporting as plugins. That is, as done in "data exporting" with various
> formats(SQL, CSV, XML, PDF) the existing schema exporting funcationality
> would be implemented as plugins, while preserving OOP concepts.
>
> So this would help in future in such a way, as the modularity and
> portability is enhanced, new schema exporting method can be integrated
> easily.
>
> Hi Bimal,

This sounds good.

Currently the options shown to the user when exporting the schema do not
change based on the export format. Some of these options are only related
to specific export types. It would be better to show only the relevant
options and this can be easily achieved with plugin architecture. Please
have a look at the data export plugins to see how this is done for data
exporting.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Madhura Jayaratne