[Phpmyadmin-devel] RFE #1123

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Tue Aug 5 23:16:37 CEST 2014

Le 2014-08-05 14:35, Ashutosh Dhundhara a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I was starting to work on RFE #1123
> <https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/1123/> (Zeroconf
> PMA tables support).
>
> Is it something like enabling/disabling the PMA configuration storage
> feature through UI with default table names?
>
> Also, automatically create these tables when user has enabled this
> feature through UI?

Hi Ashutosh,

I have read again the RFE and the comments in the ticket; then I read
the details of your proposal on google-melange.com.

I don't have all the answers but can give you some pointers; others can
give ideas too or contradict mine :)

* The solution has to work for a single-user installation and also for a
multi-user installation

* Priority should go to use the values from config.inc.php (the control
user, pmadb and all pmadb tables) if present. This is mainly for
backward compatibility and also because I suspect it's the only way to
support a multi-user installation

* In case there is no such configuration, the logic could check the
presence of the default database name and table names, as suggested in
examples/create_tables.sql

* I'm not sure on which panel is the best place to do this verification,
but it could be at the same places where the warnings about the
configuration storage are currently done (home page and each database >
Operations page

* If this default database name "phpmyadmin" does not exist, the logic
could look for the default table names in the current database (this is
in case the user has access to only one database)

* If the default db and/or default table names are not found, the logic
could pop a dialog, offering to create these in the current db and
asking for confirmation; I hope it's possible to directly read
examples/create_tables.sql for this, in order to avoid discrepancies
between the logic and changes in create_tables.sql

* Something will have to be done with the logic that gives a warning
about the configuration storage; it would probably lose its purpose

* Maybe we'll need a new directive in config.inc.php, so that the
installer can decide that the zero conf is active or not (would be
active by default)

* I am not in favor of designing a UI to set up the configuration
storage, as this already exists in /setup (with the goal of producing a
config.inc.php)

* I am not in favor of programmatically creating a .php file in the
installation directory or doing any modification in config.inc.php

--
Marc Delisle | phpMyAdmin