[Phpmyadmin-devel] Skipping Travis CI & Scrutinizer CI builds for weblate pushes

Chirayu Chiripal chirayu.chiripal at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 16:36:27 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 6:46 PM, Chirayu Chiripal <
chirayu.chiripal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 5:57 PM, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Dne Thu, 31 Jul 2014 15:14:39 +0530
>> Chirayu Chiripal <chirayu.chiripal at gmail.com> napsal(a):
>>
>> > I was just wondering that do we really need Travis CI builds for the
>> > weblate translation changes as it does not affect test cases.
>>
>> Probably not, we do check if po files compile there, but this really
>> does not happen much often now.
>>
>> > So why not just ignore builds for those commits and avoid wastage of
>> > resources and keep them available for PR?
>> >
>> > As weblate changes are so often it is just an overhead on Travis and
>> > Scrutinizer causing delays for other PR's and commits unnecessarily.
>> >
>> > To skip a build on Travis CI & Scrutinizer CI we can add "[ci skip]" or
>> > "[skip ci]" in the commit message (see [1] & [2]). Is it possible to do
>> so?
>>
>> I've just added this, thanks for suggestion!
>>

> Thanks. This will help in getting results early for PR's in peak hours.

It seems like this is having some side effects. Coveralls and Scrutinizer
are now not properly working (inspecting) when the latest commit in the
master is the translation commit with [CI Skip] and feature branch is on
top of that. Or there is something else causing problem with Coveralls and
Scrutinizer?