[Phpmyadmin-devel] Designer and creating FK relations

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 05:29:02 CEST 2014

On 8/24/14, 10:30 AM, Isaac Bennetch wrote:

> On 8/24/14, 7:41 AM, Marc Delisle wrote:
>> Le 2014-08-23 23:12, Isaac Bennetch a écrit :
>>> Hi, I'm having trouble creating a relation using Designer. Looking at
>>> master, I get a "Processing Request" notification that doesn't go away
>>> and if I force the page to reload, the relation does not exist. Would
>>> someone be able to confirm this before I open a ticket?
>>
>> Hi Isaac,
>> it works for me with current master and InnoDB tables. It takes about 7
>> seconds to create the relation, which is the same time for me as when
>> tested under QA_4_2. I used Iceweasel 24.7.
>
> Marc, thanks for the checking in to it. I'll look in to what's wrong
> with my configuration but at least I won't worry about having a broken
> master :)
>
> Kind regards

To follow up on this, I have determined the problem with my test data
was an SQL error. I was trying to create a relation that wouldn't be
valid (mismatch of id values). This seems like something we can do
better reporting to the user, I've created a ticket[0] where I hope I've
properly described the issue.

0 - https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/1542/