[Phpmyadmin-devel] Export Only Triggers/Views/SPs

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sun Feb 2 22:07:34 CET 2014

Le 2014-02-01 22:48, Chanaka Dharmarathna a écrit :

> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 12:57 AM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info
> <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>> wrote:
>
>     Chanaka Dharmarathna a écrit :
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > I'm trying to support the feature request [0]. With that we need
>     to think
>     > about export just triggers, just views, just stored
>     > procedures/functions/events etc. I think this would be practically
>     needful.
>     > Anyway, I'm not sure about how we could support this with the current
>     > custom export form. By adding new radio button (views/triggers/SPs) to
>     > 'Format-specific options' parallel to structure, data, structure
>     and data
>     > options ? Appreciate your thoughts on this.
>     >
>     > [0] : http://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/1403/
>
>     Hi Chanaka,
>     you probably meant checkboxes instead of radio buttons, so that a user
>     can choose a combination of export sections.
>
>     I think that these should be placed under "object creation options" and
>     "data creation options". Note that you'll need more checkboxes than you
>     mention, because, to implement this request, a user would want to
>     disable the normal definition statements likre CREATE TABLE, ALTER
>     TABLE, etc.
>

> Hi Marc,
>
> I include my suggestions to the custom export form UI [0] using fire
> bug. I added two elements to the custom export form.
> 1. The radio button 'only view/trigger/SP' to the 'Format-specific options'
> 2. The check box 'Add CREATE VIEW statement to the 'Object creation options'
>
> We'll look at how this is going to work.
>
> Item 2 will provide an option to the user, whether to include the view
> for his export. Basically this will decouple views and tables. This will
> make as a different feature request.
>
> After item 2 is implemented, user can do export with/without
> view/sp/trigger. But always export will include at least database structure.
>
> So item 1 will provide an option to not to include database structure to
> the export. With this option we can hide some options like '|CREATE
> TABLE| options' in 'Object creation options' section which we don't need.
>
> What do you think on this ?
>
> [0] : http://i.imgur.com/Ri7m4O5.png

Hi Chanaka,
In our current form, we have clear choices: structure, data, structure
and data (could be improved with just two checkboxes, one for structure
and one for data, but this is another subject).

What I find confusing is that you are adding near these choices, another
choice which is (I think) a subset of the structure.

I would classify a trigger as being part of the structure (it's more
related to structure that to data, right?)

http://infomarc.info | http://phpmyadmin.net