[Phpmyadmin-devel] Favourite Tables Drop Down for Navigation Panel

Chanaka Dharmarathna pe.chanaka.ck at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 13:18:59 CET 2014

Hi Dhananjay,

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 5:25 PM, Dhananjay Nakrani <
dhananjaynakrani at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you planing to add radio buttons there without label in front..??
> Because if there're no labels in front of radio buttons then users may get
> confused.

Yes, I was. That's why I mention about the tool tips.

> How about having two groups in the same drop-down. One for recent tables
> and one for favorite tables.
> For example look at the PMA's drop down for column type on table creation
> form. It has got groups in the same drop down. Like a group of all the
> numeric types, another group for all Date and Time types and so on.

Interesting suggestion. Their can be possibility to scroll more down for
find needed (recent/favourite) table.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Chanaka Dharmarathna <
pe.chanaka.ck at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think the feature request [0] will be a useful one. As Marc mentioned we
> need the think about saving the space in navigation panel. What about use 2
> radio buttons to switch between Recent Tables and the Favourite Tables with
> the same drop down as displayed in the image [1]. Using a tool tip for
> radio buttons will help to familiar with this feature.
>
> To make it more configurable, we can use two global variables for enabling
> this feature and for default radio selection (whether Recent Tables by
> default or Favourite Tables by default). I didn't look into the
> implementations yet. But I think it should be possible.
>
> Appreciate your thoughts on this.
>
> [0] : http://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/1476/
> [1] : http://i.imgur.com/NGjIvNA.png

Btw, we use bottom posting [0], if you are not writing an inline reply. ;)

Any other suggestions please.

[0] : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Bottom-posting

Regards !
--