[Phpmyadmin-devel] Favourite Tables Drop Down for Navigation Panel

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 00:14:36 CET 2014

On 2/14/14 6:36 AM, Chanaka Dharmarathna wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think the feature request [0] will be a useful one. As Marc mentioned
> we need the think about saving the space in navigation panel. What about
> use 2 radio buttons to switch between Recent Tables and the Favourite
> Tables with the same drop down as displayed in the image [1]. Using a
> tool tip for radio buttons will help to familiar with this feature.
>
> To make it more configurable, we can use two global variables for
> enabling this feature and for default radio selection (whether Recent
> Tables by default or Favourite Tables by default). I didn't look into
> the implementations yet. But I think it should be possible.
>
> Appreciate your thoughts on this.
>
> [0] : http://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/1476/
> [1] : http://i.imgur.com/NGjIvNA.png
>
> Regards !
> --
> Chanaka Dharmarathna
> *http://chanakaindrajith.blogspot.com/*

Hi,

This is something I've been hoping we can improve for some time, and I
really took some good inspiration from the new theme and layout recently
proposed by Edward Cheng.

I'm thinking we should have a small series of links to allow users to
click to "All", "Favorite", and "Recent" display. Please see the
attached mockup for an idea of what I have in mind.

Favorites and recents can be stored in PMA Configuration Storage or
local storage as we do with user preferences.

What do you all think of this idea?