[Phpmyadmin-devel] mysql.host is obsolete

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Fri Feb 21 17:40:21 CET 2014

Isaac Bennetch a écrit :
> Looking at [1], our instructions to create a control user will no longer
> work beginning with MySQL 5.6.7. The MySQL documentation I've seen isn't
> clear on what this means (i.e. what we should do instead under the new
> versions), so does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> 1 -
> http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/wiki/index.php?title=Talk:control_user&curid=1786&diff=8435&oldid=8154&rcid=14339

Thanks Isaac for alerting us about this.

I'll study more about this, but my first reaction is that we might be
able to change the doc, to indicate that the control user only has one
goal: to connect to the phpMyAdmin configuration storage.

By the way, in [2] we decided to move the user doc away from the wiki.

[2] http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/DebConf_2013_Team_Meeting#Teams

http://infomarc.info | http://phpmyadmin.net