[Phpmyadmin-devel] Import/export improvements for GSoC 2014

Zsolt Bölöny bolony.zsolt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 20:34:56 CET 2014

Hello guys,

I'm Zsolt Bölöny (yzsolt) from Hungary. I'm studying Computer Science at
ELTE in Budapest. PHP was the first programming language I learned (at the
age 14-15) and I have been using it since then. I'm also familiar with
HTML5, CSS and JavaScript (and C++/C# but that's not related... :)).

As browsing through PMA's import code I've noticed several things which
could be improved during this year's GSoC. I wrote a (very) rough list of
ideas I would like to work on during the summer. The list is available
here: https://gist.github.com/yzsolt/17a8e026e87531433b0f

I would really appreciate your thoughts on the list. As you can see, this
is just a rough list, not a final proposal. This would be my first GSoC, so
I don't have enough experience to know how much time would cost
implementing all the ideas, but I think it's doable. I would also
appreciate your ideas for import/export improvements, if you have any.

Thanks,
Zsolt