[Phpmyadmin-devel] mysql.host is obsolete

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Wed Feb 26 09:06:20 CET 2014

Hi

Dne Mon, 24 Feb 2014 15:31:26 -0500
Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):

> I could not find any other reason than supporting servers running with
> --skip-show-database.

I know this is documented, but do we actually use this? I've just tried
to run MySQL with this option and phpMyAdmin works just fine without
controluser.

Looking at the code, I've only found it in List_Database.class.php
and this code is never executed as the query against information schema
works even with --skip-show-database. So I suggest to remove this code:

https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/963

Also as we no longer use SHOW DATABASE, related section of docs can be
IMHO removed:

https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/964

--
	Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://phpmyadmin.net