[Phpmyadmin-devel] New PHPCS rule

Hugues Peccatte hugues.peccatte at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 21:35:34 CET 2014

Hi,

2014/1/3 Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com>

> Hi
>
> Dne Tue, 24 Dec 2013 17:20:42 +0100
> Hugues Peccatte <hugues.peccatte at gmail.com> napsal(a):
>
> > I'm still thinking about PHPCS and PMD and I've some questions:
> > - would you agree to only use PHPCS if possible ? I would like to see if
> > it's possible to use all the PMD rules (or equivalent) in PHPCS.
>
> For me it's perfectly fine, not sure if somebody else has other opinion.

It seems that all PMD rules are not implemented for PHPCS.

> > - how could you not have this error
> > http://phpmd.org/rules/controversial.html#camelcasepropertyname on
> > Jenkins ? On my IDE, I activated all PMD rules and I've the error in
> > file /libraries/config/ConfigFile.class.php because of
> > property $_defaultCfg (and others which have a leading underscore).
>
> Because we don't run controversial rule set (we only run
> codesize,design,naming,unusedcode).
>
> --
>         Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://blog.cihar.com

I checked the duration of Jenkins jobs and saw (like said Michal) that the
one ran during the night (with PMD) lasts around 9 minutes and the one ran
after each commit lasts 1.5 minute. So implement all PMD rules for PHPCS
will lead to have a longer continuous job. Not sure that's a good thing.

I think that currently, we can't really improve this part…

Hugues.