[Phpmyadmin-devel] Query by object interface in phpmyadmin

Lakshit Arora lakshitarora26 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 02:31:24 CET 2014

It simplifies the accessibility that's all. You dont't have to go into
finer details of sql (by nonSQL, I meant those who don't know how to write
complex queries, but yes they are familiar with operations). This is the
reason why we have query by example, to simplify accessibility (correct me,
if I am wrong).

On 10 Jan 2014 04:36, "Marc Delisle" <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Le 2014-01-08 21:53, Lakshit Arora a écrit :
> > Sorry for late reply, I was kind of busy.
> > Yeah I have looked at it, following is my opinion
> > 1) It considers tables as objects - true
> > 2) We can go to any granularity of objects - somewhat true
> > 3) We can do "operations" on the objects with chosen granularity -
> > Maybe not , It supports only select operations, but, it seems to me it
> > doesn't support operations like "union" , "intersect" , "compliment"
> > or "relate" (maybe be any operations depending upon the objects).
>
> And you think that these operations are useful for "non-SQL users" ?
> Maybe you could describe what is a non-SQL user.
>

> > Correct me, if I am wrong.
> > Thanks,
> > Lakshit Arora
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 12:09 AM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>
wrote:

> >> Have you tried opening a database, clicking on Query then "visual
builder" ?

> >> --
> >> Marc Delisle
> >> http://infomarc.info | http://phpmyadmin.net

> >> Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
> >> organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
> >> affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into
your
> >> Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of
AppDynamics Pro!