[Phpmyadmin-devel] An idea for Navigate away patch

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Thu Jun 12 18:56:55 CEST 2014

Chirayu Chiripal a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have an idea to limit the number of bugs in RFE #1518 (Navigate away
> patch). That feature is currently applied to all input/textarea elements on
> all pages. However, it is not useful on every page/form elements. So, we
> can limit this feature to certain pages/forms on which it can be useful by
> adding a class "no-navi" (need a suggestion for better class name) to forms
> on which we require this feature and listen on only those forms having this
> class. Doing this change will not require much time and for a test we can
> add this to class to few forms and can extend it later. I can create a PR
> to do this.
>
> 1) What are your views regarding this idea?
> 2) On what pages/forms we need this feature? (only few, so that we can test
> this feature)
>
> This will certainly not fix the bugs mentioned in tracker but surely can
> limit it to certain pages.

Good idea indeed. Maybe the class could be named "lock-page".

Also, I dream of an icon that would be displayed (just once on a page)
when a field on a locked page has been changed, showing that the page is
"locked" from navigating away until a save or cancel button is clicked,
or the person confirms the navigating away action.

--
Marc Delisle (phpMyAdmin)