[Phpmyadmin-devel] Error 500 viewing only bug 3860

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 18:05:41 CEST 2014

On 6/19/14 10:58 AM, Marc Delisle wrote:
> Isaac Bennetch a écrit :
>> Hi, when I try to view bug 3860 [1], I get an error 500. Does anyone
>> else see this behavior? I can escalate with SourceForge if it's a
>> legitimate problem, but at this point I can't discount that it may for
>> instance be limited to my user account. Oddly, that's the only bug for
>> which this occurs, making me think it's specific to that particular
>> artifact.
>>
>> I'd appreciate a second look if anyone has a chance.
>
> Same error for me.

Thanks for the testers. SourceForge support confirms it's an issue with
some code they pushed over the past few days and expect a quick fix. The
issue is with international characters in the display name of the
"Assigned to" person -- in this case, Michal. So you'll see the issue
with any ticket assigned to Michal or anyone else with non-ASCII
characters in their display name.

In the mean time, there are two workarounds -- using the REST display
such as https://sourceforge.net/rest/p/phpmyadmin/bugs/3860/ (perhaps
combined with the http://jsonview.com/ Firefox plugin to make it easier
to read), or asking Michal to change the display username (which I think
is completely not necessary, since they they expect a quick fix).

So anyway, there you have it, don't be surprised if you see it elsewhere
but they expect to have a fix shortly.