[Phpmyadmin-devel] Need suggestions: starting automated Normalization to 1NF

Smita kumarismita62 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 07:00:35 CEST 2014

Hi

I have started working on automated normalization. I have written the
detailed work flow for normalizing the relation to 1NF in my blog[1], I
need your feedback/suggestions on the same. Just needed to know if the
approach looks good.

Also for user interface, I'm thinking to keep options on db_operations and
tbl_operations page will be appropriate. The options will have
1. Normalize to 1NF,
2. Normalize to 2NF (1NF + 2NF),
3. Normalize to 3NF (1NF+2NF+3NF).

On select of an option, user shall be presented a dialogue which will
assist in normalizing the relation. Is it fine ? or should we keep these
options somewhere else ?

[1] http://smita786.blogspot.in/2014/06/gsoc14-coding-week-5-automated.html

Thanks and Regards
- Smita