[Phpmyadmin-devel] Refactoring: Designer/schema integration

Bimal Yashodha kb.yashodha at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 21:04:57 CEST 2014

Hi all,

As a means of improving the usability of the designer, I'm trying to
implement a method to use "designer", without explicitly configuring all
the designer related tables, as my next task. For this I'm using the
browser local storage technology. After going through all available client
side storage mechanisms, I came across with two possible mechanisms.

   - Web Sql database
   - Indexed database

Although the "Web Sql" provides "SQL" functionalities, I's deprecated now.
The Index database would be a ideal solution as it combines the strengths
of web storage and web sql. And also, the browser support is good.

So for this task I'll be using the indexed DB.

I'd like to get any feedback on this.

Thanks,
Bimal.