[Phpmyadmin-devel] Introduction to myself for GSoC 2014
nisarg.jhaveri at students.iiit.ac.in
Sat Mar 1 17:57:55 CET 2014
I am Nisarg Jhaveri, a computer science student from India. I am
interested in participating in GSoC 2014 with phpMyAdmin.
HTML/HTML5 and basic knowledge of MySQL. I have gone through the
phpMyAdmin code-base and by now I am comfortable with the existing code.
I would like to work on Structure tools project as suggested in Ideas
1. Central list of columns
- This may be a very useful feature for phpMyAdmin. Benefits are
listed at ideas page.
- Maintain a central list of all existing columns in all tables per
- Suggest columns from the list while creating new table or adding
column to existing table.
- Alert when someone try to create column with similar name but
different specification ( like datatype ).
- I am not sure about the user interface.
2. Database Normalization
- I don't know much about normalization, but it seems useful and
interesting. I am not clear about what I will do for this.
Please suggest me more ideas on the project.
Also, I would like if someone could please suggest me some bug/feature
to work on now.
More information about the Developers