[Phpmyadmin-devel] Bug #4301: need suggestion

Atul Pratap Singh atulpratapsingh05 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 08:45:03 CET 2014

On 3/3/14, Smita <kumarismita62 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 10:08 PM, Atul Pratap Singh <
> atulpratapsingh05 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 3/3/14, Smita <kumarismita62 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I was looking at the bug http://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/bugs/4301/.
>> > think, If the query execution is not redirecting page, ie it's
>> > happening
>> on
>> > the same page via an ajax request then there are two ways we can
>> > approach
>> > it.
>> > 1.  Append an another Query box below previous Query box for all the
>> > following requests. So in this case, we'll have separate query boxes
>> > for
>> > each operation performed on the page.
>> Smita,
>> Similar behavior occurs when:-
>> In Browse mode, click on "Edit" in a table row => On edit page change
>> something and click Go => see two SQL query boxes with UPDATE query
>> box on top not below.
>>

> Yeah, skipping UPDATE query sounds good to me and In the success popup I
> think it's fine to just show the updation success message?

Yes, for the purpose of this bug, its fine for me to skip showing the query.
But indeed we need to have a full SQL log/history as well.

Marc,
Can we modify [0] to include implementing a full SQL log/history
feature as suggested by Michal ?

[0] https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/1492/

Regards
--