[Phpmyadmin-devel] Travis fails for the bug patch I have written

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Wed Mar 5 10:14:11 CET 2014

Hi

Dne Wed, 5 Mar 2014 13:05:17 +0530
Sastry aditya <ganeshaditya1 at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> No output has been received in the last 10 minutes, this potentially
> indicates a stalled build or something wrong with the build itself."

Unfortunately this happens occasionally on Travis. It is caused by some
interactions of phpunit and our error handling in our Advisor code,
which makes phpunit buffer all output. Then Travis thinks the build is
stuck as it takes quite long without producing any output.

The code causing this is in ruleExprEvaluate [1] and the problem happens
only for case when eval ends with error. Maybe it's even some bug
within PHP which breaks output buffering in this case.

[1]:https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/blob/master/libraries/Advisor.class.php#L341

--
	Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://phpmyadmin.net