[Phpmyadmin-devel] Need help regarding GSoC 2014.

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Tue Mar 11 18:07:07 CET 2014

Ashutosh Dhundhara a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> I need some help regarding choosing Ideas from the Ideas List 2014.
>
> 1) If someone is focusing on "User Interface Section" then he has to
> choose all the potential tasks for GSoC Proposal or any of them ?

Hi,
the collection of tasks was built, assuming that a student would use
twelve weeks to implement all of them.

You are free to propose a subset of them (or other ideas) but if you
only propose a subset, your proposal might rank lower that one who
proposed the complete collection.

 >2)> While describing the Deliverables and Project Schedule, do we have
> write the implementation details or what ?

We expect to see some details, to convince us that you have an idea
about how to implement these ideas.

I encourage you to submit a proposal and to react to the mentors
comments on the google-melange interface.

 >3) What exactly will go in
> Project Details because its already known to be phpMyAdmin ?

The template has this question because you could be proposing any kind
of improvement to phpMyAdmin, not necessarily from the ideas list. In
this case, we would need more details but I agree with you that, in the
case of "Interface improvements" and "User interface enhancements",
there is not much to write in Projects Details.

http://infomarc.info | http://phpmyadmin.net