[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC 2014 Project: Refactoring: Designer/schema integration

Bimal Yashodha kb.yashodha at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 20:31:56 CET 2014

Hi,

My name is Yashodha, from Sri Lanka, and i'm a first year undergraduate
student in the Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology.

I've gone through the idea list and found myself interested in the project
idea:
Refactoring: Designer/schema integration.

after going through, I have some questions to be clarified:

1). The designer tab can be used to model the database structure (can be
viewed after some configuration changes and running database scripts). And
also under the operations tab, there is  "Edit or export relational schema"
facility. So one of the outcomes of this project is to bring these two into
one page with direct exporting facilities from the same page?

2). To use the designer(GUI), there are several parameters in the
"config.inc.php" file to be changed and also some tables need to be
created. So is the idea to reduce this setup overhead?

Regards,
Yashodha.