[Phpmyadmin-devel] Disabled Selenium tests on Jenkins

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Mon May 5 16:42:58 CEST 2014

Hi all

I've decided to disable Selenium tests on our Jenkins server.

There are several reasons for that and I hope we can get them fixed:

* Currently the Selenium tests just take incredibly long. I believe it
  is some problem on BrowserStack side as this was continuously getting
  worse since week or so.

* Many of the tests suffer timing problems causing random test failures.

* Running the Selenium tests in Travis is even worse in regard to
  timing issues.

There are Selenium tests ran on Travis and till these will be failing,
I don't think we should rely on them to do some reasonable testing.
However when merging some code, please check if there are not more
breakages than before in these tests.

--
	Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://phpmyadmin.net