[Phpmyadmin-devel] Base Branch for GSoC project | php Error Reporting Project

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Mon May 5 19:16:06 CEST 2014

Hi

Dne Mon, 5 May 2014 22:41:04 +0530
Dhananjay Nakrani <dhananjaynakrani at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> I am about to start the development on my GSoC project. I have some doubts
> about the workflow that I should resolve before starting the development.
> This is the workflow of GSoC project as I per my understanding.
>
> Commit everything in a separate branch of own repositories and at the end
> create a pull request for all the commits of the project.

It is better to make separate pull requests for every feature or simply
whenever it makes sense. The pull request is usually the place to
review your code, so doing this more frequent helps both mentor (to not
have huge pieces of code to review) and student (to avoid possibility
of needing to rewrite huge blocks of code if they don't pass the
review).

> Now, which branch should I use as the base branch while creating a separate
> one for my project development? Should I use 'master' or 'QA_4_2'?

Generally any new features are developed on master branch, see also
https://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Developer_guidelines#Branches_in_Git

--
	Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://phpmyadmin.net