[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSOC'14 Structure tools project clarifications

Smita kumarismita62 at gmail.com
Mon May 19 18:07:26 CEST 2014

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 5:30 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Smita a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have started working on Central List of Columns. I had to clarify few
> > things so writing here.
> >
> > Central columns list will be stored per database, right ?
> Yes.
>
> > But while using all columns will be available to use from all databases
> > users ?
> I believe that in general, it will be better to only show the central
> list for the current db. There might be some cases where it's useful to
> show a column list for more that one db or to give a choice of db, but
> the UI would be too complex IMO.

yeah, agree. We'll see if we can make it simpler when we works on that.

> > Where do we keep "manage central columns list" tab ? I'm thinking
> Settings
> > menu tab will be a good place may be ?
> I suggest to put this link on the db Structure page, next to "Data
> dictionary".

Places where users can have options to add/delete columns to central list:
1. on db_structure page,
 with selected(table): sync unique columns to central list
                             : delete its columns from central list
2. A link "manage central columns list" on db_structure page next to "Data
Dictionary", on click of that a new page opens within PMA that let user to
add one or more columns at a time from tables in selected database and give
option to remove the already added columns.

3. on tbl_structure page,
with selected (columns): add to central columns list
                                : delete from central columns list
Will these be fine ?