[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC 2014 - Refactoring: Designer/schema integration

Bimal Yashodha kb.yashodha at gmail.com
Mon May 19 20:35:29 CEST 2014

Hi,

As the 1st phase of my GSoC project - "Refactoring: Designer/schema
integration", I've started the task 1, which is "Providing a single GUI
editor for schema".

As the "Designer" and "Edit relational schema" pages share overlapping
functionalities, the idea is to bring these two pages and have a more
improved page alone.Under this, functionalities of  the "Designer" will be
improved in such a way, by combining features of the "Edit relational
schema" page.

For that I've created some mockups, and already published in my
blog<http://kbyashodha.blogspot.com/2014/05/first-week-of-gsoc-2014.html>
.

 [image: Inline image 2]

As shown in the above figure, I've introduced two new buttons into the
"Designer" page, and followings are the functionalities:

*Edit page: *A user can edit/delete an existing page.

*Save as: *coordinates of the table layout can be saved to an existing page
or to a new page.

Apart from these two, while the user is loading the designer page,

   - if there are previously saved pages exist, the the first page will be
   loaded into the designer by default.
   - if there are no such saved pages, then the default table layout will
   be loaded.

I'd like to get feedbacks about the above mentioned enhancements.

Best Regards
Bimal.