[Phpmyadmin-devel] Drag and drop sql import - help

Atul Pratap singh atulpratapsingh05 at gmail.com
Sat May 24 19:51:34 CEST 2014

Hi Minhaz,

On May 24, 2014 10:07:36 PM GMT+05:30, Minhaz A V <minhazav at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi I need some help here, to implement a drag and drop I need to do
>some UI
>tweak, like there need to be a <div> to be shown in case of dragover
>event,
>and we need another to show the upload status!
>
>Also I need help with design here: How I'm planning it is:
>1. User drops a file at any page! (logged in)
>2. the dropped files if (sql) are uploaded asynchronously and the
>status of
>upload is shown somewhere in bottom right corner.
>3. At the backend the uploaded sql is parsed and output is sent back as
>JSON and once the object has been received,  the pagecontent is
>replaced
>with the received output! (as happens for any other request in PMA)
Right, so if you haven't already figured it out, if you plan to keep the upload and status divs on each page, you would need to put them out of page_content and add a .not() for them in ajax.js as is already done for many other divs like header and footer divs.

>I need help with which file I might need to edit, to add a div to the
>common UI! for js part I'll add codes to AJAX.js

As it is about import functionality and doesn't make changes to broader AJAX functionality, I think you should use common.js for handlers and functions.js for any functions.

--
Atul Pratap Singh