[Phpmyadmin-devel] Need help, about AJAX

Edward Cheng c4150221 at gmail.com
Fri May 30 17:11:05 CEST 2014

> [...]
> >So it
> >> is not a real custom handler (that requests + handles response
> >independent
> >> of the generic one)
> >>
> >> Also, as I understand from your code, the proposed console would
> >store a
> >> log of run queries and on running a query from console, the results
> >will be
> >> displayed in the same way as happens when running a query from SQL
> >tab.
> >> Right ?
> >>
> >​Sometimes people'll run queries on console​ while they're browsing
> >other pages, not SQL tab.
> >

> >> As per this understanding, you need a real custom handler because
> >> executing SQL and handling its response in PMA involves many custom
> >checks
> >> and calls not only at response stage but also at request stage. For
> >ex:-
> >> -
> >> ​​
> >> checkSqlQuery()
> >>
> >​Sorry I don't get this :)​, just run it if some errors we
> >can wait response to tell users
> >
> >> - bookmark handling
> >> ​
> >>
> >​Bookmark handling will use another functions and send another
> >AJAX request,​ old way is not good enough.​
> >
> >> -
> >> ​​
> >> reloading navigation for certain queries
> >>
> >​
> >​
> >reloading navigation, global handlers take this job is better​
> >
> >> - refreshing main panel for certain queries
> >>
> >​Do you main #page_content ?​
> >
> >> - triggering grid edit for results
> >> etc. see in sql.js near $("#sqlqueryform.ajax").live('submit',
> >function
> >> (event) {
> >>
> >​I have noticed this handler.​
> >

> >> Or did you plan to duplicate above checks and calls into your
> >midhandler?
> >> ​
> >>
> >​No, midhandler just get result and append to console
> >corresponding​ message(e.g. shows under query string "SELECT
> >* FROM `mysql`.`user`")
> >
> Ok, so you plan to display query results in the console itself. I
> misunderstood some details from your proposal and thought that query
> results will be displayed in the main panel and query logs in the console.
> My previous reply was according to that understanding. Also, please tell me
> about the following details..
>
> - I am still unclear about warnings etc. that we display for certain
> queries like DROP, will we warn the user when executing such queries from
> console? Or would it be totally like mysql console?

> - Also in case user puts a USE query in console, do we change the selected
> database and update the navigation and main panel? Same will be required
> for ALTER queries etc.. Here I am pointing to the overall relation and
> synchronization between console and rest of the application.

​These features can be added later​, before execute there's
PMA_console.execute(), after execute there's midHandler.

> - And would you store the sql query logs only or the sql results history
> as well? I think as the results may change at any time, storing queries
> only should be fine.

​Yeah, data may change any time​, but we still can store
results, users know when a query should be re executed.

Alright, I'll change my design, store queries only, with
bookmarks and history.

> --
> Atul Pratap Singh

Edward Cheng