[Phpmyadmin-devel] Table search using uiTableFilter help

Smita kumarismita62 at gmail.com
Sat May 31 19:04:14 CEST 2014

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 9:01 PM, Ashutosh Dhundhara <
ashutoshdhundhara at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Smita,
>
> You can exempt particular columns from searching by not specifying them in
> the target columns. As an example :
>

> $.uiTableFilter($target_table, phrase, target_columns);
>

> the above code will consider searching the "phrase" only in the columns specified in target_columns array.
>
> Same is done in PMA for filtering on-screen rows on "Browse" tab for a table.
>
> You can see the code for it in sql.js from line number 413 as of current master.
>

> Hi
Thanks. But my issue is little different. In a particular column, I have
some hidden text that I want to exempt from searching, while I need visible
text to be searched as usual.

btw I got it working, I have modified the jquery.uitablefilter.js as per my
need.
I have added a new argument to uiTableFilter function that takes exactly
what element within "tr" tag, you want to search. So i can pass the visible
element tag eg "td span" in my case. Default value will be "td", So
wherever else this function has been used earlier will continue to work the
same.

Marc, I wanted to ask if it is okay to modify the jQuery plugins being used
?

- Smita

Regards,
Ashutosh Dhundhara
   On Saturday, 31 May 2014 6:45 PM, Smita <kumarismita62 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

I'm using uiTableFilter to search for table rows. If no hidden element is
in table it works fine But if table has some hidden elements it also shows
a particular row if text within a hidden element of a row/column matches
the search text.

Within my table I have hidden form input/select elements and I don't to
show the filter results based on hidden element match, as to user it will
seem as search result being displayed is wrong.
Please help if anybody have any idea about how to fix it.

Thanks and Regards
- Smita