[Phpmyadmin-devel] Is it possible to add $cfg['AllowCreateDb'] ?

Élodie de FranceServ Hébergement admin at franceserv.fr
Sun Nov 2 15:38:54 CET 2014

Greetings,

I don't know if i'm inside the good list to post my request, but i would
like that a developer add a new parameter inside the configuration. I
explain you my reason why this option could help me :

We have for the moment the option : $cfg['ShowCreateDb']

I have set false to this option inside my configuration because my users
don't have the privilege to create new database (they need to use my
panel admin instead).

But inside PhpMyAdmin, they can find inside the Operation page, a window
to rename a database. The option $cfg['ShowCreateDb'] don't apply to
this (and it's correct).

But as they don't have the right inside the privilege of MySQL to create
one, i would like hide this window too.

For the moment, i have modified the file : db_operations.php
with adding a // in front of
$response->addHTML(PMA_getHtmlForRenameDatabase($db));

But inside the function PMA_getHtmlForCopyDatabase($db) (inside
/libraries/operations.lib.php), they can create a database with the
checkbox called "checkbox_create_database_before_copying" and it's a
little more to hide it on my side ...

So, I would like have an option called $cfg['AllowCreateDb'] (true by
default) to hide their part automaticaly without editing the source code
:) I don't know if we have a way to create a database somewhere else
with PhpMyAdmin but it's a begining.

What do you think about it please ?
Someone could implement it more later ?

Thanks so much in advance,