[Phpmyadmin-devel] possible patch for 4.3.0: PHP OpenSSL support

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sun Nov 16 23:31:03 CET 2014

Hi,

Robert Scheck from Fedora would like his patch to be merged in time for
4.3.0. I feel that we should have a look at it even if we said we froze
4.3.x for new features.

Here is his email.
-----

Hello Marc,

when I read your e-mail regarding phpMyAdmin 4.3.0-alpha1, I remembered
back to my patch to add PHP OpenSSL support (additionally to MCrypt and
phpseclib) at https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/1537/
again. Is there any chance for a decision for 4.3.0 series? I guess this
(hopefully) not much work for an experienced PHP developer to review and
maybe to adapt slightly if needed.

My main reason for asking you is that (especially RHEL) doesn't contain
PHP MCrypt while PHP OpenSSL is even faster (if I can believe Roundcube
Webmail developers). Indeed PHP MCrypt is available via a separate repo
for RHEL/CentOS users but that causes some mixed feelings from time to
time again. The goal would be to additionally support PHP OpenSSL
without dropping any other existing MCrypt and phpseclib support.

Thanks,
  Robert

--
Marc Delisle | phpMyAdmin