[Phpmyadmin-devel] SSL connections broken under PHP 5.5.17 (PHP's bug)

Remi Collet Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Thu Oct 2 07:01:48 CEST 2014

Le 01/10/2014 20:03, Isaac Bennetch a écrit :
> Hi, this is just for informational purposes -- our code is fine.
>
> PHP 5.5.17 seems to break mysqlnd when connecting via SSL. You can see
> the bug report[1] if you're interested.
>
> I know we do some PHP (and MySQL) version tests, but is it appropriate
> in this case to catch version 5.5.17 and warn the user about this bug?
>
> Thanks to IRC user deuterium for figuring out the problem.
>
> 1 - https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=68046

FYI, this regression affects 5.4.33 and 5.5.17 (not 5.6.0)

The changes have be reverted in 5.5.18 (in 2 weeks) and 5.6.1 (today) so
should work as previously (I have no date yet for a 5.4.34)

The changes are still available in all branches and another patch is
waiting for test (so, perhaps for 5.5.19 / 5.6.2)

So if someone, affected by this issue, is able to test the patch
attached to 41631 [1], feedback is very welcome (changes have be
reverted (partially) because of lack of feedback, but the changes also
fix some annoying bugs, which need to be fixed...).

Regards,
Remi.

[1]
https://bugs.php.net/patch-display.php?bug=41631&patch=bug41631.patch&revision=1411139621

(simple to test against 5.6.1RC1 which have "all" the others changes,
while 5.5.17 have only some of them)