[Phpmyadmin-devel] #4536 - master: import problem (PMA_String)

Hugues Peccatte hugues.peccatte at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 18:57:09 CEST 2014

>> Le 4 oct. 2014 03:22, "Madhura Jayaratne" <madhura.cj at gmail.com> a écrit
>> :

>> file

>> > Indeed, I also think that we should use mb_* function only when
>> necessary and choice to use them should be made in case by case basis.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Thanks and Regards,
>> >
>> > Madhura Jayaratne
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I didn't push my commits, but that's what I've started. I replaced the
>> mb_* calls by standard calls on configuration variables, reserved words,
>> etc.
>>
>> Hugues.
>>

> Hi,
>
> Out of desperation, I try another algorithm. Instead of buffering data
> until SQL delimiter, I'll try to parse all lines.
> So, I won't parse 1000 times a buffer of 50000 characters, but less than
> 10 times many buffers of 500 characters. I hope this will be faster.
>
> Hugues.

Hi,

The new algorithm is over. There are still some controls to add, but it is
usable with the file in this ticket: [1]
You can find my modifications here: [2]

Marc, is it faster for you ?
It seems that I won ~33% of time. We're still far from 5 seconds…
Maybe I'll try to use standard PHP functions to see the difference. If the
standard PHP functions are really faster, I'll try to add an option to use
mb_* functions or standard PHP functions, as you said.

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/bugs/4536/
[2]
https://github.com/Tithugues/phpmyadmin/tree/stringFunctions_useStandardFunctions_master

Thanks,