[Phpmyadmin-devel] testing master on a server with many databases

Madhura Jayaratne madhura.cj at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 08:56:19 CEST 2014

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 5:34 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With current master (8785ea0) I made some tests on a MySQL 5.5.37 server
> containing about 81000 databases and about 81000 users.
>
> In the mysql.db tables there are about 81000 grant entries; each one
> grants some wildcard access to databases starting with a certain pattern.
>
> I tested with root, since the reports we got about the server being slow
> seem to be occurring for root.
>
> Good news
> ---------
>
> First, the login. It takes about 7 seconds before seeing the initial
> page after login.
>
> In the navi panel, there is a db page selector with 107 page numbers.
> Going to any page takes about 7 seconds. Opening a db takes about 4
> second (each db seems to contain about 31 tables).
>
> Browsing tables, grid editing, searching inside a table behave normally.
>
> Using Server > Databases works correctly, including switching pages.
>

> Problems
> --------
>
> Going to a MyISAM table, Structure, and trying to change a column's
> structure takes 30 seconds before seeing the dialog for this column.
> Switching this table to InnoDB does not help.

Commits 5a4d8a385529a2e3bec24edf62d1dc30c835895c,
2abae135e67a044db6bdd4940704da01917d20d7 and
e277e4d80f334f38c2e6276cf1341426c886bdf6 should improve the situation here.
These are from the pull request 1381 [1] and not yet merged to master
branch.

[1] https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/1381/commits

--
Thanks and Regards,