[Phpmyadmin-devel] Proposed changes to user management in MySQL 5.7

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sat Sep 6 13:28:18 CEST 2014

Le 2014-09-05 15:46, Morgan Tocker a écrit :
> Hi phpmyadmin developers,
>
> I work for Oracle as part of the MySQL Community Team.
>
> We are proposing some changes to user management in MySQL 5.7 - I have written a blog post about it here:
> http://www.tocker.ca/2014/09/05/proposed-changes-to-user-management-in-mysql-5-7.html
>
> I would love to receive any feedback you may have (either as a comment on my blog, or feel free to reply back here).

Thanks Morgan, we appreciate being informed of these proposed changes.

About MySQL 5.7.5, I just created this feature request for phpMyAdmin:
https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/1544/.

I agree with your proposed changes, even if they will be disruptive.
Please let us know in which MySQL 5.7 version the changes are effective,
when the decision is made.

--
Marc Delisle | phpMyAdmin