[Phpmyadmin-devel] Phpmyadmin-devel Digest, Vol 98, Issue 8

Morgan Tocker morgan.tocker at oracle.com
Mon Sep 8 20:51:55 CEST 2014

Hi Marc,

> Thanks Morgan, we appreciate being informed of these proposed changes.
>
> About MySQL 5.7.5, I just created this feature request for phpMyAdmin:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/1544/.

Wow!  Thank you for the quick turn around.

For context, we sought feedback on old password removal here:
http://www.tocker.ca/2014/05/14/proposal-to-deprecate-the-old-password-format.html

(It’s probably not a difficult sell, but this explains some of the back-story about weak crypto.)

> I agree with your proposed changes, even if they will be disruptive.
> Please let us know in which MySQL 5.7 version the changes are effective,
> when the decision is made.

I will write back when I have an update.

Thanks!

- Morgan