[Phpmyadmin-devel] bug #4540: table create issue

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Mon Sep 22 14:07:04 CEST 2014

Smita a écrit :
> Hi
>
> This is in reference of bug[0] in current master. While I was debugging the
> code to fix the issue, I found that we are trying to force the column to be
> primary key if auto_increment has been checked.
> there is this comment in Table.class.php:
> // Force an auto_increment field to be part of the primary key
>             // even if user did not tick the PK box;
>
> anyone have an idea why are we doing so ?

Hi Smita,

This is a misinterpretation of the doc. In [1] we see that the column
must be indexed, not necessarily part of the primary key.

I have the impression that traditionally, people use the auto_increment
mostly on the primary key but it's not mandatory.

[1] http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/create-table.html

--
Marc Delisle (phpMyAdmin)