[Phpmyadmin-devel] #4536 - master: import problem (PMA_String)

Hugues Peccatte hugues.peccatte at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 21:42:09 CEST 2014

>> Hugues,
>> do you still have the branch where each commit was separate, before
>> squashing?
>> --
>> Marc Delisle (phpMyAdmin)
>>

> With "git reflog", I've been able to get it back:
> git checkout -b memory 972e038
>
> What do you have in mind?
>
> Hugues.

I did a simple test:
* run substr 100000 times
* run $obj->substr 100000 times (where $obj->substr simply calls substr)

The second one is 3 times longer than the first one. The simple fact to use
an object is too long.
I tried something else: overwrite the functions. It's better: 2 times
longer that the first one, but still slower…

That means that importing your file would take ~24 seconds instead of ~12
seconds.

Should we think about defining "pmaSubstr", "pmaStrlen", etc functions and
use it everywhere?

Hugues.