[phpMyAdmin Developers] Should we update `pma__column_info` for column language

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sun Aug 2 16:13:07 CEST 2015

Le 2015-08-02 09:03, Madhura Jayaratne a écrit :

> On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 5:02 PM, Nisarg Jhaveri <nisargjhaveri at gmail.com
> <mailto:nisargjhaveri at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     About #6359
>     <https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues/6359>, I would like
>     to have your opinion on whether we should update `pma__column_info`
>     table to accommodate a new attribute for language for columns? Also
>     any other suggestions?
>
>     Thanks.
>
>     --
>     Nisarg Jhaveri
>     નિસર્ગ ઝવેરી
>

> I'm little hesitant about this feature if it involves an upgrade to the
> table structure. Also not sure how useful this feature would be.

I am using Chrome 44 on Debian 8. My Chrome is a French version and I
have chosen English for phpMyAdmin. Due to this choice in phpMyAdmin,
there is a lang attribute containing "en" at the html level. Without
changing anything in Chrome, spell checking is done in French in my
case. Possible explanation: [0]

Seeing the current behavior in Chrome for the page-wide lang attribute,
I'm also hesitant about this feature request, which is about having
per-column lang attribute.

I assume that in general, our users would be happy with a page-wide
spelling checker in one language.

[0] https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=389498

--
Marc Delisle | phpMyAdmin