[phpMyAdmin Developers] Drizzle support possible removal

Alec Teal a.teal at warwick.ac.uk
Sat Aug 22 18:31:32 CEST 2015

On 22/08/15 17:03, Marc Delisle wrote:
>> I think we (you lot) should wait a few months at least, I'll look into
>> seeing if I could do it. While it's not phpMyAdmin's job to support
>> other ones (eg MariaDB) it's good that it does!
> You'll look into what, exactly? Maintain Drizzle?
>
> We believe that it's our job to also support MariaDB since it's so close
> to MySQL and in some distros, is even replacing MySQL.
Yes, MariaDB is a lot closer to MySQL and is the better project (it's a
drop in replacement). I meant I'd look into Drizzle and see if I could
maintain it. I've been using PMA since I was like 14, it's the least I
can do, it gives me an excuse to start learning the internals anyway.
Leave it with me.