[phpMyAdmin Developers] failing tests on Travis

Madhura Jayaratne madhura.cj at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 01:46:01 CEST 2015

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 6:50 AM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Le 2015-08-24 15:10, Hugues Peccatte a écrit :
> > Le lun. 24 août 2015 à 16:00, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info
> > <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>> a écrit :
> >
> >     Le 2015-08-24 03:00, Michal Čihař a écrit :
> >     > Hi
> >     >
> >     > Dne Sat, 22 Aug 2015 14:11:00 -0400
> >     > Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>>
> >     napsal(a):
> >     >
> >     >> Hi,
> >     >> does someone have a clue about these? [0] I cannot reproduce these
> >     >> problems on my phpunit.
> >     >>
> >     >> [0] https://travis-ci.org/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/jobs/76699535
> >     >>
> >     >
> >     >
> >     > The problems seem to be there at least since this build:
> >     >
> >     > https://travis-ci.org/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/jobs/76402734#L452
> >
> >     About this failing test on Travis:
> >     ===========
> >     PMA_ExportSql_Test::testExportDBCreate
> >
> >     Failed asserting that 'DROP DATABASE `db`;
> >     CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS `db` COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
> >     USE `db`;'
> >     contains
> >
> >     "CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS `db` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8
> COLLATE
> >     utf8_general_ci;"
> >     =========
> >
> >     looking at exportDBCreate() the only possible reason is that
> >     if (PMA_DRIZZLE)
> >
> >     is true
> >
> >     --
> >     Marc Delisle | phpMyAdmin
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > There are too many implied global config used by functions. So it's
> > quite hard to generate a generic unit test.
>
> However there must be a reason why this test recently started to fail on
> Travis.
>
> > But… If Drizzle is removed, we will simplify the code and avoid this
> > specific error. :)
> >
> > H.
>

> --
> Marc Delisle | phpMyAdmin

Sorry about the noise and the failures should be fixed with
https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/commit/e29ba1df2297716cba1909c64399ebec233306b0
.

Looks like the failure of testSetPropertiesWithDrizzle() prevented constants
being restored and led to other test failures. May be we should move these
tests to a new class and do the redefining and restoring of constants in
setup() and teardown() methods respectively?

--
Thanks and Regards,

Madhura Jayaratne