[phpMyAdmin Developers] minimum PHP version?

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Thu Aug 27 06:58:59 CEST 2015

Hi

Dne Wed, 26 Aug 2015 14:30:49 -0500
deoren <phpmyadmin-devel at whyaskwhy.org> napsal(a):

> Do you base the minimum PHP version on upstream or what is supported by LTS versions of common distros? I see on the download page that you plan to support 4.0.10.x until Jan 1, 2017. Do you have plans to support a version of phpMyAdmin throughout the lifetime of those distros? Is it instead up to each distro to provide a package with backported fixes?
>
> Example distros:
>
> * Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (EOL April 2017)
> * CentOS 6.x (EOL November 2020)

I don't think we should do it and I also don't see need for that. Both
include PHP 5.3 which is supported by current 4.4.x releases. The 4.0.x
is supported for PHP 5.2, what I think should be really dead by 2017.

We will have to discus EOL for 4.4, which will be quite long as that's
last version supporting PHP 5.3 and 5.4.

BTW: Ubuntu did not care to update even the 3.4.10.1 version they have
shipped with 12.04 LTS, so I really don't see it much security
supported...

--
	Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://phpmyadmin.net