[phpMyAdmin Developers] Contribute to phpMyAdmin

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Thu Dec 10 23:27:35 CET 2015

Le 2015-12-10 16:12, Fire Centorag a écrit :
>     Hey there!
>
>     My name is Birsu Ion and I am a first year student at University
> Politehnica of Bucharest. I recently heard about Google Summer of Code
> and I was looking through the organizations and I saw that yours is
> participating at this project. Even though I am just a first year
> student, i had the opportunity to work in phpMyAdmin for a long time (
> like 3 years ) , as in highschool I had implemented a little web
> application based on php, html5 , javascript and mysql for testing
> students on computer. I had a great time using phpMyAdmin at that time
> and I still use it in my current web development projects, so I thought
> it will be nice if I would contribute as this great project. I am a
> beginner though and unfamiliarized with the way I can contribute to an
> open-source project. Can you help me out with some pieces of advice? I
> would be really greatfull if you can help me and maybe find some bugs or
> somthing that you think I can heandle and I promise I will try my best
> to improve, as much as I can, your project.
>
>     I hope to hear from you soon !

Hello,

Thanks for your interest.

Just to clarify, phpMyAdmin will apply to be a mentoring organization
for GSoC again in 2016, and Google will announce on 29 February 2016,
19:00 UTC the accepted mentoring organizations.

At this point, students should not expect the phpMyAdmin team to take
each potential applicant by the hand and spoon-feed them. We have given
general indications of what you should do at this point in [0].

[0]
http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2016_Applicant_Guide#Get_involved_with_phpMyAdmin

--
Marc Delisle | phpMyAdmin