[Phpmyadmin-devel] Priority: NORMAL

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 15:35:49 CET 2015

On 2/15/15 8:19 AM, Kushal-xp wrote:
> I want to contribute to PMA by solving bug but when i saw the bugs and
> sorted them according to the status:open i saw every bug is assigned
> priority 5--> Normal ..
> what should i do ? isn't there is a bug which is easy to solve by a
> beginner ?

Hi and welcome,

The priority label in the tracker is to triage or assess the impact of
the bug, not the difficulty in fixing the bug. For instance, an issue
causing phpMyAdmin to be completely unresponsive would get priority High
and something that doesn't at all impact the user experience would get
priority Low.

Since phpMyAdmin deals with many different aspects of coding and the
tracker items vary from superficial display issues through deep
improvements to the parser, you should look through the tracker and
select a bug that you feel matches your experience and comfort level.