[Phpmyadmin-devel] Adding a new column in Central columns

Smita kumarismita62 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 13:58:24 CET 2015

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 10:10 AM, Rakesh Kumar <rakeshkumar4294 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> Regarding a feature request for allowing setting Signed/Unsigned
> attribute by using central columns
> <http://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/1608/>. I have
> implemented it by adding an extra column named 'col_Attribute' in central
> columns table so as there would be no confusion regarding it but as quoted
> by Madhura on github <https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/1511>
> there will be many problem regarding this. So I need suggestion if it is
> required to add a new column or it would be enough by just adding
> 'attributes' to the 'col_extra' column.
> Thanks and Regards.
>
> Hey,

yeah, I agree with Madhura on upgrading will not be easy for the user if
you add another column in an existing table. I would also suggest to use
the existing "col_extra" column itself to store the column attributes as
well.
You might keep array dump in column col_extra which identify if it comes
under column attributes or extra values.

--
Smita K.